Monday, August 8

I Promise. . .

. . .that this blog will be more exciting in the future ;)

I do have something to share right now though.  We are going to start our multigenerational home at Mom and Dad's.  There definitely is more space there!  I will move back into my original room, and Katie's original bedroom will become the hopefully eventual baby's room.  The original family room, now formal dining room, will be turning into a play room!  A place for all the toys to hang out and for Mom to watch the girls, and my eventual child(ren) to play and be a kid.

For now though it means selling my home.  I am hoping to meet up with a realtor by the end of this month.  Just need to get mom and dad's stuff that is downstairs right now back to their house so they can get it moved where they want it.  Then clean the basement and garage.  Do some finishing touches in the third room and wax the wood floors.

During this time I will also be dealing with the emotional side of selling a home and having to see it as just a house to do a business transaction with.  It is already hard enough emotionally to move out of a place I have called home for the past three years, but add onto that it was my grandparent's home for all of my life.  It will be hard when it comes to the actual day, losing the physicality of this special place.  Luckily I know it will never lose it's special place in my heart.  That no one will be able to take or sell my most precious memories of all the fun I had there.  Listening to my Grandpa tell the stories of his life, even if he told the same one more than once ;)  Grandma busily cooking for the holidays and her delicious Christmas pies.  Spending the night with my younger sister and getting to dress up in Grandma's slips and nightgowns and wear jewelry and thinking we were all decked out for a special occasion, walking up and down the hallway.  Going down to the basement and playing with my cousins, especially on Christmas Day after opening presents and tummies full of yummy food.  Or after a day full of running around outside, sitting and watching my uncles light off fireworks in the street in front of the house.  The memories and images are endless and I'm ever so thankful that I was blessed with them.

For now I'm  just hoping the house will sell fast and for a decent price, and that I can move forward with the next phase in my life.  That will be where this blog becomes a little (okay, a lot) more interesting!

3 comments :

  1. I am glad you are moving forward! If you need to talk to someone about IUI, I did it. There are a lot of things you have to think about later (when the kids are older) that we are just now dealing with. It is scary and hard, but worth it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs not boring- don't worry! And as for emotionally detaching yourself from a house- let alone your 1st one-that's hard. But you have an awesome goal in mind & that'll help:) Personally, I think you will have more memories at that house 'cuz you got to make it yours for a while...you paid for it (that's a BIG way to make it feel yours:), you got to redo a lot of stuff for your style, you had to deal with some headaches of being a homeowner (ie. Neighbors:), but it was yours! & that is cool! So memories while your Grandma & Grandpa lived there & then memories by you:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!