Monday, December 26

Merry Christmas!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, cozy, crazy, lovely and safe Christmas :) 
Christmas Eve I baked my Apple and Pecan Pies and that evening attended worship service with my family, an aunt and two cousins.  I remember when I was little and during service asking when it would be done, and one Aunt telling me just two more bloop-dee-bloop rides, this year it was the dripping hot wax on my finger as we were finishing Silent Night.  Ouch!!!Then it was back over to Grandma and Grandpa S home to spend time with family, indulge in a little more food ;) and open presents!  I gave a Ca.bella's gift card to the uncle whose name I drew at Labor Day.  While I received wonderful gifts from one of my cousins who finally made it to the adult grouping this year.  (there's a kid's group and adult's group--you have to have graduated from High School to be in the elite group ;) )  Then I was dropped back off at my house to sleep in a Silent Night before heading to work from 6 to 10 in the morning.
Work went smoothly for me and was over before I knew it, then it was back to Mom and Dad's.  Then I helped myself to mom's famous cinnamon rolls and a short glass of egg nog.  You know the ones she only makes this time of year and last maybe until the morning of the 26th---yummy!!!  When the other half of the family arrived ;) we started opening presents.  Love getting to watch my nieces as they open presents, especially the older one who really is expressive when opening gifts and got herself some kitties (not real), Ari.el doll, clothes and other goodies.  The younger one is catching onto opening gifts quickly, and maybe that's just because there's an older sister on the sidelines who is gladly willing to step in and assist should the need arise :)
I love all my gifts and am very thankful for them as well!!!  Maybe this time next year I'll be working on a little gift from God.
On the home selling front:  An offer was made late last week, which I made a counter offer to.  The prospective buyer and his agent felt it was a very fair offer.  Unfortunately his lender would not approve the funds for the new price, and so for now he is shopping around lenders to see if he can get the approval he'd need.  Plus the house would have to pass inspection and assessed at the asking price in order for the type of loan to be approved.  For now I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Otherwise next week will probably bring along a price reduction to bring it to where it should get more offers and be more "market friendly".  This will certainly push back the baby plans with whatever monies will need to be brought to closing, but I am thankful that I will be able to do so.
For now I'm looking forward to what is brought in this New Year and to whether or not my new niece will be born in 2011 or 2012. 
Merry Christmas to you all and a New Year filled with the best of what God has in store for you!!!

1 comment :

  1. We were sooooooo bummed we had to stay in Wi this year! Nasty flu's that kick you in your butt!! You forgot to comment on how much you missed us & how Christmas was just not the same without us:) That's ok- I know you just forgot:) All is well...your FAVORITE aunt forgives you:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!