Sunday, February 5

Fast and Slow

I remember when I was younger how long the days were until a next holiday, birthday, vacation, it seemed to take forever to get there.  At the same time when you were playing with toys, family members, or friends that time was over too quickly.  Much is the same today.  Time doing things I'd rather not do like yard work, cleaning the bathroom, going to work on some days seem to take f-o-r-e-v-e-r.  Where as time spent checking blogs, reading a good book, hanging out with family, vacations seem to be over as soon as they are started.

However, with each year aged the next year seems to fly by even faster.  I mean, here it is already February of 2012.  I am now out about three weeks from the closing on the house, four months from seeing Cinderella's Castle down from ten, and a month away from being another year older.  Then there is starting a family of my own and that still feels like an eternity away from now.  Forever before I even start the process, let alone travel to China to meet my child.  Though I'm sure once that whole process gets started it will be filled with a lot of hurry up and wait as well.

I guess the important thing to remember is that it's all in God's time, and His timing is perfect :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!