Tuesday, June 26

Nothing Exciting

Ugh, this is the part of working mid shift/overnights/graveyard that I truly detest, the weekend.  I'm really happy that I find it/have been finding it easy to slip into slumber when I get off my shift and crawl into bed upon arriving home.  What's not so easy is trying to *stay* asleep these past two nights.  I wake up a few hours after crashing and feel wide awake.  I force myself to just lie there and pray for the sandman to help a girl out, but that's not working too well :(  I then try very hard not to take a nap during the day because I'm afraid it will easily roll into a few hours, but yesterday I was successful with only a 20 min nap.  I just don't like feeling half dead and buzzy when I know there's so much I should be doing.  When your brain feels like it's not working on all cylinders though, you don't quite trust it with important things.  Like adoption decisions.  So glad this will be my last week of working that shift and I can get back to my normal day-functioning self by the end of next week or so, God willing!

I have been looking at some of the pics of some adorable little girls waiting that are sent to my inbox.  While they are cute, they don't quite speak to me, but reminds me there are other sweet ones out there (whether Lauren works out or not, or for down the road if a sister is in the grand scheme of things. . .but let's not get too ahead of ourselves!)

So for the moment I sit here and wait, with heavy eyelids ;)
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts, I know they are what has made me feel calm, albeit tired ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!