Friday, February 7

In 4 more years. . .

In less than four weeks I will be 35.  Now 30 was a hard birthday for me.  It just seemed like a major change to move to this decade.  Hard enough that I had to go to Walt Disney World just to soften the blow :)  I don't know what's harder now, that this decade in my life almost at the halfway point, or that this is the well-known number where fertility takes a significant nose dive.  The former is still kind of abstract, I'm not too worried about turning the big 4-0 quite yet.  The latter though, that's a bit of a killer.  It's quite the reminder that if I really want to try to give birth to a child, the clock it is a tickin' and waits for no one.

Yes, there are plenty of women who have children later than 35, and there are also plenty of women who already face fertility issues at 25.  There could still be plenty of time, but then there may not, and only God truly knows.  There's lots to think about on this subject, but then it's the constant that I'm always thinking about.  Becoming a mom.  It's all jumbled in there:  What to do, how to do it and when to act on it.  Even though it's not happening now, nor is there a definite start date for anything.  Along with thinking how if my June try had resulted in a baby, I'd be preparing for their arrival around my birthday.

With today being the opening ceremonies for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, I make a promise to myself.  By the next Winter Olympics opening ceremony I will either have had a baby, or be in the process of adopting/bringing home my child.  I'm going to be positive and think that it with be an either or situation.  However it goes, I will have made definite attempts before that torch has made it's way to PyeongChang, South Korea to begin the 2018 Winter Olympics!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!