Tuesday, February 4

New Year's Revolution

"To eat more jelly beans this year!"


Have you seen that commercial--how cute!  Though I am a bit biased, I love all those AT&T "It's not complicated" commercials.  They tie with the Sprint, "Everything's Important" commercials. Totes McGotes!


But I digress, a lot.  I don't have any New Year's Revolutions, or even resolutions.  I have come up with some 2014 Goals for myself however.  Sorry, no funny commercial/clip to insert here.  I'm going to share with you, because well this a great place to document them throughout the year.  I guess I'm kind of throwing out January though.  Well, not exactly.  I've taken this month to really figure out what I want to do with this year, this blog.  I'm using the month to get that intial "cleaning" done for the year.  Getting the holiday decor down, getting a good clean of the rooms and bathroom, and beginning the phasing of "junk food" out of my pantry and fridge space, which of course leads to me consuming less of as well.  It gets my "spaces" all shiny and new and ready to put new habits into practice.

I have had a lot of thoughts and plans floating around  in my head, so what better place to get them organized than here.  I will also be writing them down in a lovely notebook for myself to reference off-line.  So, after much-ado, without further ado, my 2014 Goals:

*Read my way through the Old Testament.  I have never read the whole Bible.  To be honest I always start from the beginning and then only get through to about the same part each time.  Sadly, which even isn't that far.  It's hard to relate to for me, and sadly I lose interest.  I looked for a type of bible that had some kind of guide with it to sort of "bridge the gap" if you will, between my life and the bible.  I decided on an amplified version, which I bought last summer at a local Christian book store.  I haven't got that far, which is why I'm making it a priority this year.

*Getting back to church.  Yes, it is an area where I have been lacking, and for some time now.  I'm going to shoot for both Sundays that I have off (remember I have to work every other Sunday for payroll ending weekends), but I know if I can just start getting myself back in there at least once a month, I'll feel that urge to be there every Sunday I can.

*Read a book a month.  Something I love, but definitely have been slacking on, reading!  I even read one of the three books I got for Christmas, Stars.  Which was definitely a sweet read :)  I also was gifted Kisses from Katie and The Longest Ride.
Image from Amazon.com

*Journaling.  I am going to make it a goal to write at least once a week.  I think that should be doable.  Daily may just not work, and I don't want to give up in the first week with this goal.  I do find it enjoyable capturing snapshots of my daily (weekly) life, but I often get behind and then find myself writing for what seems like forever to catch up.  And then I just don't.

*Finish my quilt.  The raq quilt that is supposed to be on top of my bed.  The quilt that is this rosette light pink minkee fabric on top and the otherside is a collection of childhood sheets (and now maybe some t-shirts too).  The quilt that I started back the summer Moo was born.  It's coming up on 4 years, I need to get it finished!
   +I'd also like to add on here with a couple related projects that I'd like to attempt to get done/start this year as well:
          *Make the Woodland Tails quilt.
          *Make/have made cornice for nursery.
          *Make fitted crib sheet with Woodland Tails flannel fabric I have.

*The Hall Closet.  It's mostly filled to the gills with pictures and scrapbooking paraphernalia, as well as some other crafty things.  It is a LARGE goal, for me anyways, to accomplish in what is now a mere 11 months.  Trust me it will take each and every minute I plan to spend on it and then some.  As I've told myself before though, I'd really like to have vacations, family, holiday pictures all organized and put into some type of creation before I have a child that I'll want to document.  I don't have any spare closets to put more things in!  :)

*Trying a new recipe and a new food item each paycheck/pay period.  You know since that's what my life revolves around anyways (pay periods.)  Whether it's a complicated meal or a simple smoothie recipe, I want to expand my cooking repertoire.  I also want to stretch my tastebuds, whether it's a new fruit or grain.  I also want to make sure that I blog about what I tried, how it was, whether I'd add it to my rotation or not.

*Being active daily.  I've come up with what I'd like to start doing each day, each month.  I plan to let you all in at the beginning of each month, and then do a recap at the end of the month as to how it went.

*Eating less processed foods, eating more whole and organic foods.  While not exactly counting calories (at least in the beginning) just trying to move my mindset/tastebuds/cravings over to a more "natural" approach to food.  I'd like to share with you all what I'm buying from the store, what recipes I'm using, and my reviews to them.  Along with pictures :)

*I want to use the above goals to reach this goal:  Lose 10% of my current weight.  More importantly, once I've achieved the loss, keep it off through the rest of the year. I mean, I wouldn't stop losing, but I need to hang on to any loss made and not gain it all back :(

*The Outdoor Girl I am not, as you probably have gleaned from past posts.  However, one goal this year to is to choose a plant (veggie/fruit) to grow this year and to eat the deliciousness that it yeilds.

*I really enjoyed when I was doing Circle + Bloom's IUI Mind-Body Program when I TTC'd last June.  I found it very relaxing, especially upon coming home after work.  It was lovely to unwind, destress, and positively focus on one area for a small block of time.  I would really like to either find another program by them, or someone else, for just "regular" days and get back to that relaxing, mindful time each day.

*Coming up with a nightly "ritual".  You know that one where you actually wash the make up off your face and brush your teeth even if you're not taking a shower.  Then maybe do a little crafting or reading before going to sleep.  I do try and go to bed between 9 and 10 each night to ensure 7-8 hours of sleep, by the time I fall asleep, each night.

*Doing monthly "challenges".  Like the month I went vegetarian a couple years back, or when I stopped drinking pop for the month I was actually TTC last year.  For this month, February, I'm going to blog each day.  I want to have a new post out each and every day, like I did the first month I started this blog.  There are many different challenges that I could accept.  Be it food related to cleaning/organizing to handwriting a letter a day.  This way I can have many different goals this year, but may actually be able to accomplish them :)


*After February is over, I want to blog here at least once a week.

*Just staying open to how I become a mommy.  You know, instead of declaring that I'll be adopting and six week later stating that I'm going to start my family with a bio baby first.  Just being open to both, because I'm usually so black and white when viewing it.  It's either "this" way or "that" way, but not both at the same time.  I'll just surprise ya ;)  Yeah, right.

I'll link this under the "This Year's Goals" tab.  As well as any future mentions, to keep them all referenced in one area.

P.S. *oh, and I'd really like to go through and clean out all my e-mails.  man do I have folders galore, and I tend to stash any corresponding e-mail, read or not, in them.  i need to go through them one month ;)  maybe this one can be a "challenge", cause it will be a challenge to finish.

P.P.S.  If I think of any more, I'll add them in here :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!