Friday, March 28

Grocery Haul Deuce

On March 22 I ran to Target with Mimi, and made sure that I grabbed some Larabars.  Their boxes were on sale, and if you bought 4 boxes you got another box for free.  Now I had grabbed some single bars on clearance a month or so ago from Target, and they were .88.  The boxes were on sale for $5 each, and contain 5 bars each.  So in total I got 25 bars for $20.  Which equals .80 a bar--even better than the bars on clearance :)  Great buy for some pretty great bars--nuts and fruit!


Then on Monday, 3/24, I went to Whole Foods with mom, Moo and Boo Boo.  Here's what I got:

 In this picture we have:
GT's Kombucha Trilogy 16 oz...$3.69
GT's Kombucha Guava 16 oz. . $3.69
GT's Kombucha Gingerberry 16 oz. . .$3.69
GT's Kombucha Passionberry Bliss 16 oz. . .$3.69
(now for these, I'm drinking half a bottle a day.  i realllllly like the guava!  and i'm drinking the passionberry right now, so delicious.  i'll try to get in a post about kombucha here soon :))
Greek Tortellini 6 oz.. . .$3.00  (Moo, Boo Boo and I enjoyed this as part of lunch)
Chicken Burrito. . .$7.00  (Boo Boo enjoyed sharing a few bites of Auntie's half for this lunch.  I had the other half the next day :))
Sesame Noodles 6 oz. . . .$3.00  (That was delicious and had that for dinner that night.)
Turkey Snackables 6 oz.. . . $4.99  (The girls shared this for lunch, as well as what they shared with me ;) )
365 Frozen Organic Wild Blueberries. . .$3.99 (for the Blueberry Chia Pudding, I haven't made yet. . .but pinned :))


Here's the rest, but I'll go ahead and break it down into smaller chunks ;)

360 Organic Dark Chocolate Almonds. . .$2.69 (yep, impulse buy at the checkout. . .shhhhh!)
Raspberry Smoothie 10 oz. . . .$1.99  (Moo really wanted this, so the girls split it for lunch)
Bulk Organic Shredded Coconut  .22 lb@7.99/lb. . .$1.76 (for that Chia pudding.)
Carlson Fish Oil. . .$24.99
Organic Lemons 2 lbs. . .$4.99 (for my lemon water in morning/coffee replacement/hoping for a post for that too)
Vital Farms Pasture-Raised Organic 12 Large Eggs. . .$7.99 (yes, that price is right)  (i have two hard boiled eggs for breakfast. after my lemon water.)

Bulk Organic Cashews .75lb @ 10.99/lb. . .$8.24 (again for that chia pudding.  phew good things these things last longer than one week ;))
Frontier Natural Products Organic Garlic Flakes. . .$8.99 (Quinoa Recipe.  did make this one, and pinned!)
Navitas Acai Powder 4 oz. . . .$22.99 (super food for smoothies) (and now i know to get at amazon)


Organic Red Bell Pepper 1.53 lb@ 4.99/lb. . . .$7.63 (this was for 5 peppers, for that quinoa recipe.  and crazy me thought it was originally 4.99 a pepper!!!)
Organic Red Onion .53 lb @ 4.99/lb. . . .$1.05 (for that quinoa recipe)
365 Frozen Organic Wild Blueberries. . .$3.99 (second bag)
2 Peanut Butter and Jelly Lara Bars. . .$2.58 (for Moo and Boo Boo's snack)
Pumpkin Pie Lara Bar. . .$1.29  (for Sue's snack)

I also donated $1.00 at check out.  My total came to *cough, cough* $143.98.

I made a huge batch of the Quinoa with Caramelized Red Onions, Bell Pepper and Garlic.  Though I made it with some Kerrygold Irish butter, instead of the olive oil.  Then I served up this on Wednesday night, along with some frozen asparagus I had gotten from Trader Joe's previously.
I'm still working on the Ranch Dressing addiction ;)  Ok, so this was yummers for dinner.  HOWEVER, I fear it was far too much fiber/veggies in one meal when one hasn't ate like this in awhile.  It was NOT a good night.  My intestines were a hurtin', and we'll just say I lost a few pounds that night. 

And on that night. . .have a wonderful weekend :)







No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!