Wednesday, July 2

"Would You Like to Build a Family?!"

If you've been watching Frozen, or maybe even if you haven't, I'm sure the title for the post now has a little song playing in your head.  And if you weren't thinking of that when you were reading the title, I bet you are now.  No need to thank me for that little ditty playing in your head on an eternal loop.  (Or the song that "a little ditty" might have evoked.)

Seriously though, the title, it refers to a new Pinterest/Blogging friend.  I "met" Dani while pinning things from each other's "Adoption" boards on Pinterest.  Honestly, the adoption peeps are so cool!  I have other moms that are adopting sending me pins, commenting on pins, it's just an awesome community and I'm just on the tip of the iceberg.  

Back on topic though.  I found through one of boards that she has a blog and read the whole thing.  It's quite a journey and now she and her husband are about 4-6 months away from traveling to Taiwan to become little L's (their son) parents.  They have (had) some pretty cool fundraisers. 

 One of the fundraisers still on-going and is on their blog.  You can buy a puzzle piece (or more) and your name/bible verse will go on the back.  Then once every piece is sponsored it will be put together and hang over L's bed.  How cool right?!

They had a couple Facebook auctions, though I only got in on the last one.  I got a sweet little lady bug/red dot minkee blankie that I think will be perfect to take to Grace when we meet.  (And yes, I picked that one pattern because of the ladybugs and it's connection to China adoptions.)  I also scored an ADORABLE headband--with a sunshine on it, and matching necklace.  




Ok, so maybe you're not "building" the family on your own, but here's a way to help build a family.  If you've been looking for a way to care for an orphan, here's an awesome opportunity.  This is their current fundraiser to bring home L, and it runs until August 1.  Not only does it help fund the last leg of L's adoption, but you get a super soft t-shirt out of the deal as well.  I'll be using some money from my "Clothes" envelope next check to get one myself.  I LOVE soft shirts to wear around the house and be all comfy, cozy.  Just look at it:

The verse is Psalm 127:3-5. "Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them! He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates."

If you would like to be part of someone's adoption story right now (I know, I know, mine still seems forever out), I would urge you to head over to Dani's blog and check out the information.  Then if you so feel led, order one for yourself or someone else.  Not only do you get a snuggly new shirt, but you get to help bring a little boy home, and in turn leave one less orphan in the world.  And that, my friends, feels even better than a buttery soft shirt :)

2 comments :

  1. Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, I'm crying again. Seriously, I think you get just as many hormone fluctuations adopting as you do being pregnant (and if not, don't burst my bubble, because this is the only excuse I have for all the tears!). THANK YOU for sharing this :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I cry easy enough the way it is, I don't need more hormones ;)
      Of course I had to share :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!