Sunday, January 3

Write it Down

This year I bought myself an Erin Condren Life Planner.  I don't really keep planners, but instead have post it notes with written reminders everywhere and a wall calendar with birthdates jotted down. I figured this year it might be more in line with a "clutter-less" lifestyle to keep them all in one place. Perhaps even be more organized at home with what I want to accomplish, instead of starting one thing, then going off to start another thing that popped into my mind that needs to be done, and so on and so forth, so as to never really accomplish/finish any of them.

I went ahead and got some really cool FriXionball Clicker pens that are erasable and are quite awesome, based off a YouTuber I had happened to watch on how she kept her Planner pretty basic.  I found some clipart from Etsy that I bought and downloaded to print onto some Avery removable labels that I had purchased through Amazon.  Add in some really cute clips to keep pages/weeks marked and easily accessible and I'm set.

For today I tried to keep what I wanted to get done simple.  There's a layout in the beginning of the Planner with six boxes on each page (for a total of twelve) and on one page it says "If I can believe it I can achieve it" and on the next page, "If I can dream it I can become it."  On the back of the second page is a blank sheet with lines.  I started there and wrote my "Goal" for the year, which is "Contentment, Change, Letting Go and Letting God".  Underneath I included two bible verses which I think really bring those Goals together in a nice reminder from Him.

Then I went back to the boxes and started filling them out.  What do I want to get out of this year, and how will I achieve them? At first it seemed like there were too many boxes, and at the same time not enough.  There are a lot of things I feel I need/could work on, but at the same time it kind of made me think of the self-assessments you have to do for reviews at work.  And oh how I loathe doing those.  Once I remembered that these are just for me to work on, and no one else needs to/will see these and that the only one that I really need to be judged by for how much I accomplish along the way is Him, it became easy to fill those little boxes up.

I know that I feel better when I've got it out and written down/typed out, instead of trying to keep it stored in memory and cluttering up my brain.  It's a nice exercise that I should definitely keep up on, and who knows maybe free up some space in the old noggin for remembering things like numbers for work.  Or, you know, more important things like lines from TV shows ;)

(See my cute little penguin friend up top?!  She's a clip :))

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!